Student Opportunities at SmartLandscape
UC Davis students are at the heart of all the CCUH's SmartLandscape projects. Students have the option to sign up as an Intern for school credits, or apply to become a Team Co-Coordinator. WE ARE NOW RECRUITING INTERNS FOR WINTER 2024! Click HERE for more information and to apply. Application due by Friday, January 5th, 2024 at 11:59PM.
Students are an integral part of SmartLandscape's progress. Looking for a project to match your passion of urban horticulture? We always need volunteers to assist with event coordination, organizing, and helping maintain our office landscape.
Student Co-Coordinator (paid position)
When there are openings, students can apply for this position. Student Co-coordinator is a paid leadership position that offers the opportunity to lead a team of fellow SmartScape or SmartLawn interns in installing and maintaining the many projects of Smart Landscape. For more information, email the Program Manager, Emily Finch and join our team!
Student Volunteer Internships (for units)
SmartLandscape interns will work together to reach the ultimate goal of the SmartLandscape program: to reduce water and fertilizer use in urban landscaping while maintaining aesthetic and ecological value to the community. Through the internship, students will:
- Learn industry skills including working with and installing a variety of cutting edge irrigation technology, practical horticultural skills, and vegetation management.
- Gain insight into California water ordinances, water conservation practices, and sustainable landscaping options for water restricted areas.
- Be encouraged and mentored to approach landscape ecology from both humanistic and biological contexts with consideration for aesthetics, function, and ecological needs of the landscape and its wildlife.
- Build teamwork and leadership skills through trainings, in-the-field problem solving and co-creation.
- Be mentored in all of their hands-on learning and teamwork by the CCUH staff, and will have access to partnered industry professionals.
For more information, email Co-Coordinators Abigail Bleichner and Anthony La to join our team! WE ARE NOW RECRUITING INTERNS FOR WINTER 2024! Click HERE for more information and to apply. Application due by Friday, January 5th, 2024 at 11:59PM.
Both the SmartLandscape projects are displayed on campus at the Western Center for Agricultural Equipment as exhibits to industry partners and local communities to demonstrate water conservation and sustainable landscape design.