The CCUH and Western Center for Agricultural Equipment (WCAE) are partnering with over twelve horticultural industry professional companies and organizations to create the “Living Landscape Laboratory (L3)” at UC Davis. The CCUH will implement “key” learnings from conducting over 35 irrigation management workshops for landscape professionals and provide educational opportunities for undergraduate students.
The latest available irrigation technology will be employed, along with the ability to measure and monitor water-use using sustainable management practices, low water-use plants, and landscape best management practices. Stay tuned for L3, for this initiative will provide a nexus with researchers, industry professionals and students show casing landscape water conversation and water use efficiency.
For any questions or inquiries or if you have interest in providing support for the Living Landscape Laboratory, please contact:
Dave Fujino: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrate irrigation technology
- Demonstrate best management practices
- Measure and monitor landscape water use
- Demonstrate low water use plant material
- Provide “hands-on” educational opportunities for students
- Connect industry professionals with academic researchers & students
- Conduct science-based research
- Demonstrate water conserving & efficient landscapes
- Connect junior college horticultural programs